Skip to content

What should I do in an emergency?

If you believe you or your children are in danger or at imminent risk of harm, please contact the police emergency line for support.

If you want to leave an unsafe relationship but you are not in immediate danger, it is important to have support and to stay as safe as possible.

A list of women’s shelters in Canada can be found at

If you are in Ontario, you can also contact the Assaulted Women’s Helpline at 1-866-863-0511 or TTY 1-866-863-7868 or #SAFE.

Remember that you are not to blame for the abuse, but you can take steps to increase your safety and the safety of your children.