I have a women’s legal advocate. That person is:
I have a support person who is coming to court with me. That person is:
I have visited the courthouse and know where to go on my court date.
I know how to find:
- The duty counsel office
- Court security
- The washrooms
- The courtroom I have to be in
I have contacted court security and given them relevant information, including:
- My ex-partner’s name
- The restraining order against him
- A copy of his bail conditions
- A photograph of him
This is what the court security officer has said they can do to help me stay safe:
I know what to do if/when I see my ex-partner:
- Ask court security for assistance
- Move away from where he is sitting
- Ask him to move away from where I am sitting
- Go into the washroom
- Ask my support person to intervene
I have made arrangements to get to and from court as safely as possible. I am going to:
- Take a cab.
- Use public transit with a friend.
- Bring my car and travel with a friend.
- Park in a safe place.
- Have a friend walk me from my parking spot or the transit stop to the courthouse.
- Have a friend meet me at the courthouse.
- Bring a cell phone so I can call if there are any problems.
- Get to court early.
- Ask court security to help me leave safely.
All my documents are organized and ready for me to take to court.
I have reviewed all the court documents.
I have booked time off work.
I have arranged for child care.
I have some snacks and drinks ready to take to court.
I have comfortable clothes ready.
I have plans for the evening after court so I can relax and feel safe. My plans are: