Skip to content

Making a complaint about a CAS worker

ontario specific
legal information

If you are not happy with the way the child welfare agency has dealt with your family, and you have not been able to resolve the issue with the worker or their supervisor, you have the right to make a formal complaint.

Each agency has its own Internal Complaints Review Panel (ICRP) that responds to written complaints. To find out how to start a complaint, contact the agency that has been working with your family.

You may want to seek support from your women’s legal advocate during this process.

More information on making a complaint to a child protection agency is available on the website for the Ministry of Children and Youth Services.