Skip to content

Immigration law

globeIf you are a newcomer to Canada or have sponsored your partner to come to Canada, immigration issues may arise when you and your partner separate.

These can have an impact on your family law case, and your family law case can have an impact on your immigration status.

Language services

Free confidential interpretation services are available to anyone in Ontario who been subjected to intimate partner abuse. Visit to learn more.

A women’s advocate will organize your access to this service. To find a women’s advocate, locate your nearest woman’s shelter at or contact the Assaulted Women’s Helpline at: 1-866-863-0511/TTY1-866-863-7868/#SAFE. The Helpline provides services in many different languages.