Skip to content

What if I have been charged?

If you have been charged criminally, you should make sure your criminal lawyer is aware of your immigration status, because this can affect their strategy for handling your criminal case. There may be deportation concerns if you are found guilty of a criminal offence.

If you qualify financially, you may be able to obtain a legal aid certificate for family and criminal law regardless of your immigration status in Canada.