For further information on family law issues for Indigenous families, please refer to the following resources:
- Family Law Information Program for Aboriginal Families is a collection of resources about the law provided by Ministry of the Attorney General
- The Native Women’s Association of Canada works to advance the well-being of Indigenous girls and women through activism, policy analysis and advocacy. See NWAC’s work on the topic of matrimonial real property on reserve.
- The Ontario Native Women’s Association provides support and resources for Indigenous women in Ontario.
- Kanawayhitowin is a provincial campaign to address family violence in Indigenous communities.
- Talk4Healing.com is a free and culturally safe helpline for Indigenous women living in Northern Ontario. You can chat, text or call: Their toll-free number is: 1-855-554-HEAL (4325).