Whether or not you have a lawyer, work with a Family Court Support Worker or women’s advocate throughout your case.
- Explain the steps in the case
- Help you identify the legal issues you want/need to address
- Support you to develop a safety plan
- Help you gather evidence
- Accompany you to meetings with your lawyer as well as to court
- Debrief with you after these meetings and court appearances
Learn more about these community workers and where to find them in your area. Their services are free.