Skip to content

When do I really need a lawyer?

Posted in Uncategorised

Does this sound like your situation? You are involved in family court but can’t afford a lawyer. Your abusive ex-partner wants you to sign a separation agreement.

You really need a lawyer now.

You should get independent legal advice (ILA) before you sign any kind of agreement.

The lawyer will explain the agreement and let you know about any responsibilities you will have if you sign it as well as any rights you might be giving up.

ILA is a short-term relationship with a lawyer so it doesn’t cost as much.

There are certain things to look for in a lawyer when you need ILA. Learn about these as well as the ILA process.